Effective Date: 1 September 2023
Welcome to The Badge Scanner, a lead capture and retrieval application intended for use by exhibitors and sponsors at events, owned by World Registration Systems Ltd (WRS), Albert House, 42 Seymour Road, Bolton BL1 8PT, United Kingdom.
You can contact our Data Controller by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What information do we collect?
When you use The Badge Scanner, we may collect the following information via the app:
- Your name and email address, which may be stored on your device. [a] [b]
- Login activity, which may be stored on WRS's servers for the purposes of reporting, monitoring, analysing use of the app and resolving queries.
- Photos and audio recordings made using and within The Badge Scanner app.
The Badge Scanner does not use photos or audio recordings made using other apps on your device.
The app does not record or transmit your location data.
3. Data Usage
We use the data the app collects:
- To allow users to access the application and website.
- To store a copy of any data captured by the user when using the app for the purpose of reporting the lead data that the user has captured.
- To understand how the app is used in order to help its future development.
We have a legitimate interest in using your data in these ways to deliver and develop the functionality of the app.
4. How long we keep your information
We may store your basic information such as name and email address and the events you have been involved with until you ask us to delete them.
We may delete the lead capture information you capture using The Badge Scanner no less than 14 days after the event at which it was captured has taken place, however we may retain this data for a longer period in order to allow exhibitors to continue to access it.
5. Third-Party Access for Technical Delivery
To ensure the smooth operation, development, and problem resolution of The Badge Scanner app and website, certain third parties involved in the technical delivery of the app or the events at which it is employed, such as application developers, may have access to the data. These third parties are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and are only granted access to the data for the specific purpose of assisting with the technical aspects of the app and website.
6. Data Sharing
WRS may share your name, email address and company name with:
- Your Company Administrator. This is the main contact within your organisation who we have been informed by the Event Organiser is managing your organisation’s involvement at the event.
- The Event Organiser or their agents. The Event Organiser is the person, people or organisations responsible for organising the event at which you are using the app.
- The app developers.
- Parties employed by The Event Organiser for data processing for the event.
These parties shall only use this data for the purposes of aiding the success of the exhibitor in using the app, such as resolving issues, assisting with metrics to measure how successful the event has been for lead capture, and understanding how the app is used to aid its future development. They may not use them for any other purpose including marketing purposes.
7. Data Protection
WRS is committed to ensuring the security of your data. We have implemented robust security measures to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, or disclosure of your data.
Data from this app is transmitted in encrypted form to our server.
8. Third-Party Disclosure
WRS will not sell user data to third parties.
9. User Rights
You have the right to access, modify, or delete your personal data at any time. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us directly.
11. Contact Us